eHarmony offers a free trial account to people who want to get a taste of what the site has to offer before making a membership commitment. Currently, the eHarmony free trial allows you to do the following things:
- Complete the relationship questionnaire and get a free in-depth personality profile, valued at $40
- Receive matches based on a proprietary system that searches millions of singles and uses 29 dimensions of compatibility
- Review your matches for free, and continue receiving additional matches every day
- Communicate with your matches using a process known as “guided communication”
Click Here to Get the eHarmony Free Trial
* Now with Free Communication *
As you can see, there is quite a lot you can do on eHarmony without being a paid member. You only need to purchase a membership if you want to move beyond the guided communication stage with someone. No coupon or promotional code is required to join the site for free, and you can sign up by clicking the link below.
About the Free Trial Account:
As mentioned earlier, you can join the site, take the test, receive matches, and engage in guided communication using a demo account. Once you decide that you want take things further and e-mail your matches without restriction, you will need to become a paid member. This setup works beautifully, allowing you to take full advantage of eHarmony’s powerful matching system without charge and with no real risk to you. If the system does not get results for you, it will not cost a dime. On the other hand, if you find someone you like, you can upgrade your account at that point.
Another thing you can do is create your account and wait for an eHarmony Free Communication event. These special events occur every couple months, allowing you to e-mail other members for free during the promotional period, which usually lasts an entire weekend.
eHarmony was founded in 2000 by a psychologist and relationship expert, Dr. Neil Clark Warren. What made the company unique from the outset was that unlike other online dating sites, it concentrated on the quality of matches over the quantity. For this reason, the signup process was more involved, and members were required to fill out an in-depth questionnaire designed to evaluate their personality so that they can be matched up with others based on compatibility. Over the years, eHarmony has grown into one of the largest and most trusted dating sites online.
Here are some facts that may interest you:
- According to a recent study conducted by Harris Interactive, eHarmony accounts for about 5 percent of the marriages in the US. This is based on estimates that roughly 542 members get married every day. A previous poll in 2008 showed that the company accounted for 2% of the marriages at that time, so this number is steadily climbing.
- eHarmony has 44 million registered users. However, not all users are currently active, so this does not necessarily mean that you have access to a current online dating pool of 44 million people.
How to Get the Best Discounts:
eHarmony is one of the more expensive dating services, and because the site focuses on building meaningful relationships, it may take some time before you find what you are looking for. With this in mind, it is in your best interest to test-drive the site first with an eHarmony free trial, then obtain a long-term membership if you decide to join. As shown on the chart below, you can significantly reduce your monthly rate by subscribing to a long-term plan, which could save you up to 77% off regular monthly prices.
Before placing an order, you may also want to do a quick search online to see if there are any coupons or promo codes that you can take advantage of. On occasion, there are special deals that allow you to save money on 6 or 12-month subscriptions.
The table below shows how much eHarmony costs:
Rated CouponLeaf by
eHarmony is probably your best bet if you are interested in joining a dating service that focuses on compatibility matching. The only real competition to date has been Chemistry.com, but given that eHarmony has a much larger membership base, you are bound to get more results by using their service. We found the site to be very user-friendly, with a simple but powerful system for managing your matches. Based on our own tests, as well as feedback we have gotten from online daters, eHarmony does an excellent job of matching you up with people you will get along with very well. But you don’t have to take our word on that, since you can see the matchmaking algorithm at work for yourself by using the eHarmony free trial on this page.
It is important to point out that a small percentage of people are rejected by the site when the system is unable to find matches for certain types of people. If you fall into this category, you will receive the following message after you have completed the personality test:
"We’re very sorry, but our matching system cannot predict good matches for you.
Unfortunately, based on responses to our questionnaire, we occasionally find situations where our matching system cannot identify high quality compatible matches, and this has happened in your case. Please understand that it is a result of our matching process and in no way reflects on you as a person or your ability to be in a happy relationship."
Since Chemistry.com does not reject anyone, it may be a good option for you if you find that you are unable to use eHarmony’s system but still want to use a dating site that emphasizes compatibility matching. That said, we do believe that eHarmony offers a superior system. While Chemistry.com seemed to pose serious competition at one point, this is no longer the case, and most people have accepted that eHarmony is the 800-pound gorilla in the compatibility matching space.
- Hitting It Off, Thanks to Algorithms of Love – This New York Times article discusses the science of compatibility matching, and gives some insight into the research behind such matching systems.
- Youtube – Not only can you view commercials, you can also sample video reviews and occasionally encounter a funny video like the one below: